In amongst the madness, thank you to Rickey Hendon for his no nonsense civil unions speech
Over the past few days in the state of Illinois, those for and against the states recent vote on civil unions have been lending their voice to the decision.
As with the national narrative, those against have brought many arguments to the forefront, including Rep. Ron Stephens, who put forward the assertion that homosexuals led to the fall of Rome.
Others like Senator James Meeks said he would vote no to the bill because, as the Huffington Post notes, he ‘believes that marriage should be between a man and a woman–even though the vote wasn’t actually on gay marriage.’
As you can expect the usual anti-gay union arguments were brought up but others were for it.
There was one that stood out more than others for his no-nonsense, to the point, beyond the bullcrap comments – that is Senator Rickey “Hollywood” Hendon.
“I hate the hypocrisy…Aren’t you sick of the hypocrisy by now? When I sit here and I hear adulterers and womanizers and folks cheating on their wives and down low brothers saying they’re gonna vote against this bill. . .it turns my stomach. The hypocrisy.”
Please enjoy the video:
- Rickey Hendon’s Civil Unions Speech: ‘It’s Just Fairness, Ya’ll’ (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- IL Sen. Rickey Hendon’s Awesome Bullshit Call On Every Anti-Gay Lawmaker Who Voted Against Civil Unions (queerty.com)
- Illinois Civil Unions Bill PASSES State Senate, Quinn Vows To Sign (huffingtonpost.com)
- Illinois set to allow same-sex civil unions! Hoo-ray! (shortformblog.com)
- Illinois Civil Unions Bill PASSES State House (huffingtonpost.com)